Why Host a Golf Tournament?admin
“Why Host Golf Tournament?” This question was presented to the School Development Committee (SDC) regarding the Annual Golf Tournament being held this year on June 10th, 2016. We will explain why DaVinci hosts this annual event, why it’s so important for our school and community, and how you can get involved!
Why a Golf Tournament?
Creating an annual major event enables the school to attract corporate donations, along with community members. Our parents are what make it a true success! This is particularly critical for charter schools, like DaVinci Academy, who, by law, cannot use the levy process to raise additional funds. Also, charter schools receive considerably less funds than non-charter public schools. At DaVinci Academy, we must rely on grants, donations and fundraising to supplement per-pupil state funding and to enhance our students’ experience. For that reason, we must do fundraising.
How can I help?
You can help by . . .
- Attending the dinner portion. Come to the social hour and dinner. It will help DaVinci and is a good excuse for a date night.
- Getting a foursome together. Get neighbors, co-workers or friends together to have fun and support the DaVinci family.
- Golfing yourself just for fun. This is a best ball tournament, which means, you do not have to be a good golfer.
- Giving a great Father’s Day gift. This year, the tournament is being held on June 10th, which could be the start of a great Father’s Day weekend for Dad(s) and Grandpa(s).
- Donating a silent auction or raffle item. In the past, we have a parent make a set of beautiful Adirondack chairs, the parents of a teacher donate 3 nights at the family-owned resort, and/or items such as coolers, shirts, painting kits. Everything is appreciated and helps.
- Asking your employer, family or other contacts to become a sponsor, donate prizes or send golfers. We have brochures for you, so you do not have to be a salesman.
- Providing a service that helps us reduce the cost of the tournament. For example, we have parents, who have donated printing and photography services.
- Sponsoring a teacher. This is a good way for teachers to represent our DaVinci family at the event. The corporate sponsors have been impressed with our teachers.
Please consider helping to make this the best Golf Tournament to-date. If you have any questions or support recruiting sponsors and/or golfers, please feel free to contact Jacob Sheck (612-384-2111) or our teachers Megan Steinbruckner or Melissa Kaiser.