School Lunch Program
Lancer Catering provides meals for DaVinci Academy’s hot lunch program. To participate in the program, families must place their orders prior to the start of every month. Monthly pre-ordering ensures that we have enough food for all students who have ordered a hot meal or milk.
PLEASE NOTE: If a student has not submitted a lunch order or has forgotten to bring a lunch from home, he/she will be given an alternate lunch of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fruit and milk. The cost of this lunch is $3.50.
How does the food service program work?
Click each section for more details.
As we cater all meals, we only have enough on hand for students who have ordered. If your child needs lunch on a day they did not order, we have emergency meals available. Emergency meals consist of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fruit and vegetables and milk.
If needed, paper copies of the order forms can be obtained in the school office. When ordering online, use the link to enter your family account and then follow directions below for using this site.
- select the ? icon for additional directions,
- click “next” for the current menu,
- select the child’s first name to access their order form, and
- be sure to hit the SUBMIT button (bottom right corner) when you are ready to save each child’s order.
- All orders are due by end of the school day on the due date indicated.
- The price for an additional slice of pizza or second servings (grade 6-8 only) is $1.50 per slice for ALL students, even if they are approved for free or reduced-price meals.
- You cannot pre-order meals for your child if you maintain a negative balance in their account. Please submit all required funds to bring balance up to date with the order form(s).
Parents/guardians choosing to pay for food service fees online will be responsible for all transaction fees. If you would like to avoid the transaction fees, please submit a check to the school office. If you are paying for more than one student with check or cash, please indicate the payment breakdown on your check or cash envelope (e.g. Lunch: John $12.50, Jane $31.50). Checks should be written to DaVinci Academy.
I would like to request a special diet for my child.
To request a special diet, complete one of the required forms and submit it to the school office. All requests must be reviewed and approved by the appropriate school administrators, and possibly the food service provider, prior to the special diet meals or items becoming available.
- Special Diet Statement with a Disability (requires a doctor’s signature)
- Special Diet Statement without a Disability (requires a doctor’s signature)
- Lactose Free Milk Request (does not require a doctors signature) – Lactose free milk is available for students who are lactose intolerant. To request lactose free milk, please complete and submit a Medical Statement for Children with Lactose Intolerance Needs.
|Meal (Includes Milk) or A La Carte Items||Full Pay||Approved for Free Meals||Approved for Reduced-Price Meals|
|Hot Lunch Meal||$3.50||$0.00||$0.00|
|Alternative Lunch Meal (usually a sandwich/wrap)||$3.50||$0.00||$0.00|
|Emergency Meal (PBJ, Fruit/Vegetable, Milk)||$3.50||$0.00||$0.00|
|Extra Slice of Pizza (pre-ordered)*||$1.50||$1.50||$1.50|
|Extra Entrée (grade 6-8 only, if available)*||$1.50||$1.50||$1.50|
|Breakfast Meal (grade 1 – 8)||$1.75||$0.00||$0.00|
|Breakfast Meal (Kindergarten)||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
*A La Carte items are not part of the free/reduced lunch program; these fees are charged to all student who select these items.
If you would like more information about the food service program at DaVinci Academy, please feel free to email email@example.com or call the school office at 763-754-6577 if you have any questions about this program.
Civil Rights Statement. In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.