DaVinci Connection-November 22, 2019Nicole Hartfield
(subject to change-see online calendar)
11/22 Last Day of Trimester 1
11/25-11/29 No School
12/6 Fall Play: Law and Order: Fairy Tale Unit, 6:00 pm
12/7 Fall Play: Law and Order: Fairy Tale Unit, 12:00 pm
12/10 6-8 Band Concert
12/11 Finance Committee Meeting, 3:30 pm
12/11 School Development Meeting, 3:30 pm
12/12 6-8 Orchestra Concert
12/16 Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
12/17 5-8 Choir Concert
12/17 Pizza Delivery Day, 4:00-7:00 pm
12/19 Dance Recital, 6:00 pm
12/23-1/3 No School
Food Service Program
Current Lunch prices – including milk
Hot, Alt. or Emergency Lunch:
- Full Pay = $3.50;
- Free/Reduced = $0.00
- Full-pay = $4.50;
- Reduced-price = $0.00;
- Free = $0.00
A La Carte Items -charged to ALL students:
- Milk-only = $0.50;
- Emergency meals = $3.50
- Extra Entree (Grade 6-8 only) = $1.50
Current Breakfast Price:
- Full-pay = $1.75
- Kindergarten = $0.00
- Reduced-price = $0.00
- Free = $0.00
Go here to apply for free or reduced-price meals or to find out more about the food service program.
Attendance Line: 763-252-6130
Parents should call the attendance line at 763-252-6130 before 9:00 a.m. of the day a student will be absent. This phone number is available 24 hours a day to leave a message. Please leave the following information on the recording:
- Date your student will be absent
- First and last name of your student
- Reason for the absence
- Name of the parent/guardian who is calling
If you know your child(ren) will be gone more than three consecutive days, you will need to fill out an extended absence form four to six weeks in advance. Please send the Extended Absence Form to Ms. Moffatt.
To the left, you will find helpful links to important pages on our website.
NEED TO KNOW
- Leave for school early so they are not rushed and impatient.
- Follow the car line and drop their children off on the curb and not in the middle of the parking lot to walk through vehicles – The parking lot really runs smoothly when there are fewer cars moving in and out of spots.
- Use turn signals in the lot so that drivers behind them know what they are doing.
- Safely take a right out of the parking lot.
- Do not pull into neighbor’s driveways to turn around.
- Take turns and are courteous.
- Stay off their phones while driving through the lot.
- Display their family number clearly for dismissal.
- Download the Silent Dismissal app and dismiss their children from their car.
- And, smile and wave to the people who are working hard to keep everyone safe in the parking lot.
Report Cards- Infinite Campus
Report cards will be mailed out next week. Please make sure your information in Infinite Campus is up to date. Don’t want to wait for the mailing? You can view your child’s grades on your parent campus. Can’t remember your username or password? Click the links on the screen or call the office at 763-754-6577.
Here are two documents that can help you navigate Infinite Campus.
NICE TO KNOW
Need Ideas for the Kids Over Break?
Check out Jam Hops Camptastic. They have camps at both campuses during school release days and during summer break.
Northwestern University Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS)
We are pleased to share that we are a testing site for the Northwestern University Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS). NUMATS is an above-grade level assessment intended for advanced learners currently in grades 3rd– 6th. Our test site will be at DaVinci Academy of Arts and Science on the following date(s):
School Payment Portal
Want to stay up to date on what your child is purchasing in the cafeteria? Log onto SchoolPaymentPortal.com to create an account. There you can view all transactions and add money.
Please remember to label your child’s belongings. Applied labels are a great way to label belongings and 20% goes back to our school.
Please remind your child to check the lost and found for his/her belongings. The lost and found will be donated Friday, November 22.