DaVinci Connection-May 1, 2020Nicole Hartfield
(subject to change-see online calendar)
All in-person spring events at DaVinci Academy have been canceled. Select events have been moved to virtual platforms. Check the calendar for specific details on how to participate in those events remotely.
5/1 No School
5/4 No School
5/13 Locker/Desk Content Pickup, A-L
5/14 Locker/Desk Content Pickup, M-Z
5/14 Kindergarten Round Up, 6:00 pm
5/26 Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
5/29 Last Day of School
Food Service Program
Current Lunch prices – including milk
Hot, Alt. or Emergency Lunch:
- Full Pay = $3.50;
- Free/Reduced = $0.00
- Full-pay = $4.50;
- Reduced-price = $0.00;
- Free = $0.00
A La Carte Items -charged to ALL students:
- Milk-only = $0.50;
- Emergency meals = $3.50
- Extra Entree (Grade 6-8 only) = $1.50
Current Breakfast Price:
- Full-pay = $1.75
- Kindergarten = $0.00
- Reduced-price = $0.00
- Free = $0.00
Go here to apply for free or reduced-price meals or to find out more about the food service program.
Attendance Line: 763-252-6130
Parents should call the attendance line at 763-252-6130 before 9:00 a.m. of the day your child will be absent. This phone number is available 24 hours a day to leave a message. Please leave the following information on the recording:
- Date your child will be absent
- First and last name of your child
- Reason for the absence
- Name of the parent/guardian who is calling
If you know your child(ren) will be gone more than three consecutive days, you will need to fill out an extended absence form four to six weeks in advance. Please send the Extended Absence Form to Ms. Moffatt.
To the left, you will find helpful links to important pages on our website.
NEED TO KNOW
Ending the Year With Distance Learning
With the Governor’s announcement of extended distance learning through the end of the school year, we wanted to send out a few updates, requests, and thoughts.
Recognizing that everyone is in a different place with this online learning format and that the Governor has created an opportunity for us to re-think the end of the school year, the Board debated the merits of condensing the rest of the school year and ending the year earlier than previously scheduled. You can reference the conversation by clicking this Zoom recording of the meeting. As DaVinci Academy has always offered more learning time than the minimum recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Education; and, we are not able to run our Intersession week at the end of May, the Board voted to make the following adjustments to the 19-20 school year:
- Per the Governor’s order May 1 and May 4, will be professional development and planning days for staff. There will be no lessons on these days.
- School will be in session May 18-22, which was previously an optional Intersession learning week. By holding school during this week we will also be able to provide uninterrupted child-care coverage for children of emergency workers.
- There will still be no school on Monday, May 25, to observe Memorial Day
- The last day of school for students will be Friday, May 29.
- With these changes, our total student instructional days will be reduced by 6 days from 175 days to 169 days.
- June 1-5 will be used for teachers and staff to make plans for the start of the 20-21 school year.
We are still waiting for guidance regarding providing-child care for emergency workers and meals to our families after May 29.
Review the revised calendar with truncated 19-20 school year here.
#DaVinciStrong T-Shirts Available
We know that the announcement of school closure for the rest of the year has brought up a lot of anxiety for kids, not to mention the anxiety they may have already been dealing with throughout this time. Because this is new for all of us and many families are learning how to navigate conversations with their children, we have a quick handout to help you deal with your child’s anxiety during this crisis. Please click here or check out the image to learn more.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions, concerns or need further support.
Ms. Rowe (School Social Worker) www.calendly.com/msrowe
Ms. Derby (School Counselor) www.calendly.com/msderby
Courtney Rowe + Melissa Derby
Food Service During Distance Learning – Facebook Rumor Clarified
Procedure for Breakfast/Lunch Pickup
DaVinci Grab and Go Meals
- Froot Loops, graham crackers, applesauce cup & milk
- Blueberry Muffin, Mozzarella cheese stick & blended fruit juice
- Cinnamon Toast soft filled bar & diced pears
- Pancakes & diced Peaches
- Cinnamon Flakes, maple breakfast square & Pineapple tidbits
- Mini corn dogs with potato rounds & diced peaches
- Macaroni & Cheese, broccoli & orange juice
- Pizza Dippers with marinara dipping sauce, corn & grape juice
- Breaded Chicken tenders, potato wedges & applesauce cup
- Spaghetti with meatballs, green beans & pear cup
Grab and Go Meal pickup is available on Mondays 10:30 am-12:30 pm.
So our food orders are accurate, please fill out this form.
YMCAs are now a food pickup site as well. Click this link for more information. Loaves and Fishes Food Distribution
Wednesday, May 6 Parking Lot Repairs
Food pick up and gift drop off will be re-routed to the FRONT door of the school so that the parking lot cracks in the east lot can be repaired. Thank you for using the Bunker entrance on Wednesday.
NICE TO KNOW
The Bowser family could really use some love and support right now. Carmen passed away on March 17, after a six year battle with cancer. A meal train has been set up for the family. Please do what you can to help the family and share the link with family and friends. Thank you in advance. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- Physical Education Teacher (K-3)
- Elementary Teacher (K-5)
- Elementary Gifted and Talented Teacher
- Elementary School Counselor
- Middle School Math Teacher
- Middle School Science Teacher
- Middle School Social Studies Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
Thursday, May 26, at 6:30 pm is our next PTO meeting. Please join us via Zoom. New families for the 2020-21 school year are welcome to join us as well.
- Board elections – Vice President and Treasurer seats are open
- Meeting and event dates for next year
- Finance update
- Teacher fund requests
PTO Board Elections
The Executive Board shall meet monthly to review financials per insurance guidelines.
a. Aid the president.
b. Perform the duties of the president in the event of that officer's absence or inability to serve.
c. Act as liaison between committee and project chairs with the Executive Board.
d. Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by fiscal year end.
e. Submit a written report detailing responsibility and recommendations to the future board by fiscal year end.
a. Be custodian of all organization funds, and shall be authorized to disburse funds on behalf of the DVA PTO.
b. Give written monthly financial reports for approval at General Membership meetings.
c. Provide a monthly cash-flow report at Executive Board Meetings.
d. Prepare a year-end financial report by fiscal year end.
e. Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by fiscal year end.
f. Submit a written report detailing responsibility and recommendations to the future board by fiscal year end.