DaVinci Connection-June 17, 2022drhinhart
Subject to change-see online calendar
If your student will be late or absent please call the attendance line 763-252-6130 before 9:00 a.m. Please include:
Date your child will be absent
First and last name of your child
Reason for the absence
Name of the parent/guardian who is calling
An Extended Absence Form is needed for more than five consecutive absences and is due four to six weeks in advance of the absence.
School's out for Summer!
Jam packed newsletter! Check out the information below regarding 21/22 Family Survey, Summer Resources, School meal updates for next year, 22/23 School Supplies, Highlights from our PTO, and more…
As we all go our separate ways for the summer, know that the teachers and staff will be excited to see you all return in August – sun kissed, rejuvenated, and ready to jump back in to learning.
Please take some time to give us feedback on your child’s school year by completing the family survey, as we really do use your remarks to inform our decisions for the upcoming school year. (link to survey)
We hope your summer is blessed with health and happiness.
Interim Executive Director
Congrats 2022 High School Graduates!
Thank you to the DaVinci Academy Alum Class of 2022 High School Graduates that participated in our annual graduation walk. Best wishes for your next adventure!
Report Cards will be online this spring!
Trimester 3 report cards will be online this spring! Report cards for all students in grades K-8 will be available online in Parent Portal starting June 24th. Report cards will not be mailed home.
To access your student’s report cards after 6/24, parents will need to log in to Infinite Campus Parent Portal. If you do not have a parent login for Parent Portal or need your password reset, please contact the front office.
While report cards won’t be available until June 24th, now would be a good time to log in and make sure you are able to access Parent Portal. Once they are posted, report cards will be found by clicking Menu, then selecting Documents.
Students in the Renaissance classes will have their report cards emailed home to families by 6/24.
Parent Portal can be accessed here: https://mncloud3.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/parents/davinci.jsp
DaVinci Support Space - Summer Resources
Dear DaVinci Families,
Annually, DaVinci Academy asks parents/legal guardians to complete an end of the year survey. Your participation in the survey is very important. We use it to assess your perception of the job we are doing, what is working well, and what warrants our attention. Your response will be anonymous and held in confidence. Thank you for taking the time to participate.
The survey consists of both multiple-choice questions and opportunities to add thoughts and suggestions within each section. The survey takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete and will close on July 7, 2022.
Thank you in advance for sharing your feedback on the 21-22 school year
Have a great summer!!!
Hello DaVinci Community!
Summer break is here! We care about you and your family, and want to pass along some amazing resources that may be helpful, to keep your student(s) active, learning and having lots of fun.
Activities for home, or with family:
- Gardening can encourage kids to eat healthier, provides exercise, boosts confidence, teaches science, and relieves stress and anxiety.
- Read stories like We are the Gardener’s or Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt for inspiration!
- Cook or snack on food from the garden!
- Garden Critters Sensory Bin
- Check out this list of 100 Fun Summer Ideas for kids and family. See how many you can cross off before the weather turns cooler.
- Summer is the perfect time to get out and ride your bike! Biking is a great way to stay active and have fun (at all ages!). Check out FB4K if needing support in obtaining a bike for your child this summer.
- Check out these Printable coloring pages to keep kids occupied on rainy days
- Make a difference! Volunteer as a family, or individually, to boost feel-good hormones and help others in need. It’s been a tough year for so many, and volunteering can benefit everyone involved!
In Your Community:
- Check out Family Fun Twin Cities for nearby events geared for the whole family.
- Take a hike! Check out Park Finder to discover new trails in your area, or enjoy familiar ones. All Trails is also a great resource (and smartphone app!) for trails near you.
- Visit the movies! Many local cinemas offer discounted rates on matinee showings, Tuesdays, or early Saturday. (Also a great way to stay cool when it gets hot out!)
- Take a peek at your community center’s event page, for fun happening in your neighborhood!
- Music in the Park! Lots of local cities host free concerts throughout the summer.
- History-Connects offers free access for children and $4 for adults to see anything that is associated with the Minnesota Historical Society including the Mill City Museum, Minnesota History Center, Historic Fort Snelling, and 23 other locations.
Looking for summer camp ideas?
- YMCA Camps
- Inclusive Recreation, Adaptive Sports & Summer Camps with PACER Center
- Bridge the Gap Summer Camps for K-12 students with Autism Spectrum Disorder & Individual Learning Needs
- Children’s Theater ACT Pass offers an 80% discount on all classes and camps.
- Check out the Anoka County Library Calendar for up to date information on in-person and virtual events happening throughout the summer.
- Join the “Summer Adventure” Program! It encourages kids to read and helps them retain skills throughout the summer.
- Check out Barnes & Noble’s Summer Reading Program to see how your student can earn a free book this summer!
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Access the MN Dept of Education Resource for low-cost or free nutritious food options.
- Use these resources to find an SFSP site near you:
- Download the Free Meals for Kids app provided by Hunger Impact Partners to your phone or device.
- Call the 211 Hotline. From a cell phone – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211, Greater Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
- Call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151, available from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Central Time.
- Text “Food” to 877-877. Spanish speakers, text “comida” to 877-877.
If you have any questions, concerns or in need of additional support as we head into the summer, please reach out to us for support. If your family is faced with new or ongoing needs and challenges, please let us know by filling out this survey. Someone from our team will reach out to assist your family!
See you in August!
DaVinci Academy Mental Health Team
Phoenix Hathaway (K-4 Counselor) www.calendly.com/mshathaway (763)-754-6577 ext. 1204
Brittany Finley (5-8 School Counselor) www.calendly.com/bfinley-4 (763)-754-6577 ext.1310
Jaclyn MacDonald (5-8 School Counselor Long-Term Sub) (763)-754-6577 ext.1310
Courtney Rowe (K-8 School Social Worker) www.calendly.com/msrowe (763)-754-6577 ext. 1215
2022-2023 School Supply List
School supply list for the 22/23 school year is now available here.
2022-2023 School Meal Update
The U.S. Department of Agriculture recently announced that beginning in the 22-23 school year, school meals will not automatically be free for everyone. To avoid accruing any debt on your children’s meal account, consider completing an application for free or reduced-price meals after July 1, 2022.
For families who would like to apply for Educational Benefits, the form will be online after July 1st. Please log into your Infinite Campus to complete the 22-23 application. Log in to your Parent Portal > More (bottom of the menu on the left side) > Meal Benefits. Families will need to complete an application for each school year.
If you have any questions please contact Barbara Northenscold firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2022 PTO Recap
Here are a few of the highlights from the PTO efforts this year!
- $110 for gift cards for Paraprofessional appreciation week
- $210 in gift cards for PBIS strategies teachers drawing
- $1500 teachers gift. Admin applied this towards a massage chair for the teachers lounge area
- $309.56 teacher appreciation snacks and gifts
- $400 to student counsel for 8th grade send off party
- $500 for end of the year staff party
- $462 reimbursement for air ticket and hotel for quiz bowl tournament coach
- $3300 check to the library from the Readathon fundraiser
- As a community we raised 297 lbs in food for our CEAP drive
- We are also working on providing some type of gift to the students for the end of the school year.
2022-2023 PTO meetings
The meetings will be held on the following Tuesdays at 5pm. We encourage families to attend and be part of this community. We are looking forward to resume events and gatherings next year.
Follow DaVinci on Social Media!
Licensed positions for 2022-2023 School Year
Special Education Director
Special Education Coordinator
Special Education Teacher Positions (4) *Sign On Bonus Eligible*
- Library Media Specialist
- Two Fifth Grade Teacher Positions
- Fourth Grade Teacher
K-5 STEM Teacher
Response to Intervention Teacher – Middle School
Health Education Teacher – Middle School (.4 FTE)
- In House Substitute Teacher
Non-Licensed positions for 2022-2023 School Year
- Behavior Specialist K-5
- DaVinci Den Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Food Service Assistant / Server (Part-Time)
- Special Education Paraprofessional – On Call Substitute