This page will be continually updated over the summer to provide important information to help you prepare for next year. Check back often.
Receive Newsletters and Important Updates – If you are not currently receiving the email school newsletter, sign up using the form at the very bottom of this page. Look for “Email Sign-up”.
2017-2018 Academic Calendar
Event Calendar – Here is where you can find the online calendar that is updated with school days, activities, meetings, etc https://davincicharterschool.org/calendar/
August 10th (3:00 pm to 7:00 pm) All Families Open House Families will have a chance to:
- Tour the new school and grounds!
- Drop off student supplies,
- Find out homeroom teacher assignments or class schedules,
- Set Silent Dismissal End of Day settings if you haven’t done this already,
- Ensure you will get teacher & school communications – Update Infinite Campus Parent Portal settings,
- New families – turn in Registration Forms and any other required documents,
- Turn in updated immunization reports, if needed (see here for forms and guidelines),
- Turn in student medication, authorization forms and plans, if needed,
- Deposit money into student food service accounts, and
- Meet with available teachers and staff.
August 15 – First day of school: Grades 1-8
August 15 & 16- Kindergarten Family Conferences: Mrs. Steinbruckner, Mrs. Creary, Ms. Borg, Mrs. Holle & Ms. Metty will contact kindergarten families to schedule a meeting at school on one of these two days.
August 17 – First day of school: Kindergarten
August 18 – Picture Day: Order forms will be sent with pictures
September 22 – Picture Retake Day: For students who missed picture day or want retakes
School Supplies – Download and print student supply lists. If purchasing school supplies is a financial burden for your family, please contact Ms. Moffatt regarding assistance in obtaining needed materials.
Bus Schedules- Refer to the June 5th Newsletter or email Mrs. Fischer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breakfast & Lunch Orders
Please go to the Food Service page for more information on the program, see menus and learn how to apply for free or reduced-price school lunches. Please note that, in order to qualify for free or reduced-price lunches, a new Application for Educational Benefits must be submitted each year. Forms will be available AFTER July 1. Any questions on this program can be directed to email@example.com.
Student Medication, Authorization Forms and Plans
Updated authorization forms and care plans are required each year. Required forms and sample plans can be found here. Both prescribed and over-the-counter medications require a Medical Authorization Form with a physician’s signature. Plan your appointments early!
School Registration through Infinite Campus
Prior to the first day of school, all new families are required to complete the online registration steps for each student through Infinite Campus. You will be mailed a letter which will include instructions for setting up parent portal access and walk you through registration. Returning families should log in to review and update family contact and messenger preference settings. Messenger preferences will ensure you receive school and teacher communications sent through Infinite Campus.
Welcome to the 2015-16 School Year!
August 6 (12:00 pm to 6:00 pm) – All Families Drop-In & Drop-Off Day: Families will have a chance to:
- drop off student supplies and pay additional supply fees,
- find out homeroom teacher assignments,
- complete the online registration process, if not done in advance,
- turn in Back To School Registration Forms (see below for registration details) and any other required documents,
- pick up family Back To School Packets
- deposit money into student lunch accounts, and
- meet with teachers.
August 6 (6:30 pm) – Parent Information Night for New Families: This presentation is intended to provide families who are new to DaVinci Academy with an overview of common school procedures and expections. New kindergarten families should plan to attend this event in addition to the Kindergarten Family Conferences (see below for more details).
August 11 – First day of school: Grades 1-8
August 11 & 12 – Kindergarten Family Conferences: Ms. LeSage and Mrs. Creary will contact kindergarten families to schedule a meeting at school on one of these two days.
August 13 – First day of school: Kindergarten
August 14 – Picture Day: Order forms will be sent with pictures
September 18 – Picture Retake Day: For students who missed picture day or want retakes
Back to School Checklist (with dates)
Print this useful Back to School Checklist to make sure you have taken care of all things related to the start of the school year!
School Purchase/Parent Reimburse items vs Family Responsibility items. Each school supply list has two types of supplies. The School Purchase/Parent Reimburse supplies are those for which, due to a lack of storage space, DaVinci Academy would prefer parents pay the school at the beginning of the year (amount indicated on the supply list) so that we may purchase them as needed. However, parents always have the option to purchase those items along with the additional Family Responsibility supplies.
Community Supplies. Please note that most of these supplies will be placed in the classrooms as community supplies and will not be kept by your student. Please do not label individual items unless noted on the supply list.
Mr. Eldred is working with the bus company to map and finalize the bus routes and satalite stops for the coming school year. Final bus schedules will be published with the online registration information. Please refer to the Transportation tab of the Forms & Information page. For specific questions, please email Mr. Eldred or call (763) 754-6577.
Around July 24, you will receive a separate email to pre-order August lunches. For those of you who are new to DaVinci Academy or if you are simply unfamiliar with the lunch program, please check out the Food Service page. There you will find an overview of the program, how to order lunches, and how to apply for free or reduced-price school lunches. Please note that, in order to qualify for free or reduced-price lunches, a new application must be submitted each year. Any questions on this program can be directed to Mrs. Swearingen.
Back to School Registration – Open Now!
Online Registration Forms
Prior to the first day of school, all families (new and returning) are required to complete the online registration packet for each student through K-12 Online. You will receive an email when the registration window is open; it will include additional instrucitons along with your login and access code information. This process allows you to update any personal and emergency contact data, provide current medical information, review and acknowledge select school policies and obtain other important notices.
As this is all done online, you can complete this process from any computer and it should take an average of 15 to 20 minutes per student. If you need help in any way, feel free to contact the school office or come to school during Drop-In and Drop-off Day and use an available registration computer. Once you complete this process, you will need to print, sign and return the Registration Form.
Please see below for basic instructions. If you have additional questions, please contact Stephanie Bacigalupo, or Lee Swearingen at (763) 754-6577.
Once the registration period is open:
- Access the Online Registration Program
- Select the Back to School Registration tab
- Enter the Login ID (which is your child’s Last Name) and the Access Key (you will recieve this in an email after registration has opened).
- Click “login” on this page to begin the registration process
- Click on the name of the form to view.
- Do not skip forms.
- Proceed to the next form ONLY when you have received a green “check” mark for completion on your current form
- Check that spelling/punctuation/capitalization of all entered names is correct. Please do not enter information in ALL CAPS.
- Once you have received all green check marks, you will have an opportunity to verify your registration information for accuracy before printing.
- Once you have verified the information, click “Click here to complete registration process.”
- You will need to print a Registration Form when you have finished entering your information. Please sign this form and turn into the school office as instructed. You may come to the school to print your form if you don’t have a printer available.
- If your student has siblings, you can log into the sibling’s form by clicking the SIBLINGS tab on the main menu.